Rock Assault™ Fully Built Rear Axles
Rock Assault™ Fully Built Rear Axles
In response to overwhelming demand, Trail-Gear is now offering fully built rear axles! These feature our world renowned Rock Assault™ Axle Housings, our complete Rear Disc Brake Kit, Chromoly Axle Shafts, Bearing Pockets, Rear Axle Bearing Service Kit and all the necessary nuts and studs, all fully assembled by our Master Mechanics according to your specifications!
Rock Assault™ Rear Axle Housings provide unparalleled strength due to the 5/16” thick, high strength DOM axle tubes that engage 5/8” further into the center section and the 360° gusset welded around the tubes on the inside of the housing. The Trail-Gear Rock Assault™ Axle Housings also feature axle tubes that have been offset above the housing centerline to allow the inner axles ride near the bottom of the axle tubes rather than in the center. The results are an increase of 3/8" ground clearance under the axle tubing. The heavy-duty, press formed, 1/4" plate steel center section shell is specially shaped to ensure a minimum of 3/4" additional clearance under the differential. The differential mounting surface is made from ½” plate steel to ensure studs cannot pull out, even under heavy loads. The outer offset flanges are made from 4130 Chromoly to prevent distortion or bending. Housings are precision aligned using start-of-the-art, 3D digital imaging equipment.
Made entirely of brand new parts, these axles feature everything you need hub-to hub! This is a fully assembled rear axle made entirely of brand new, upgraded components, not refurbished junkyard parts. You choose the Axle Width and desired differential and we do all the assembly. All you’ll need to do is weld on your perches, install it on your vehicle, add the wheels and Rock the Trail! Save the time, money and hassle of ordering each component separately and building it yourself. We’ve already taken care of it!
Customize each axle to exactly what you need with your choice of:
- Axle Width
Please note: In order to achieve full ground clearance, you will need to grind the bottom of the differential housing flange flush with the axle housing!
Note: Follow Ring & Pinion break-in instructions on the Instructions tab. Failure to do so will void warranty.
WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- 5/16” thick, high strength DOM axle tubes that engage 5/8” further into the center section and the 360° gusset welded around the tubes on the inside of the housing
- Feature axle tubes that have been offset above the housing centerline to allow the inner axles ride near the bottom of the axle tubes rather than in the center
- Increase of 3/8" ground clearance under the axle tubing
- Heavy-duty, press formed, 1/4" plate steel center section shell is specially shaped to ensure a minimum of 3/4" additional clearance under the differential
- Differential mounting surface is made from 1/2” plate steel
- Outer offset flanges are made from 4130 Chromoly to prevent distortion or bending
- Housings are precision aligned using start-of-the-art, 3D digital imaging equipment
- Made entirely of brand new, upgraded components, not refurbished junkyard parts
- 1979-1995 Toyota Pickup (All Engines)
- 1985-1995 Toyota 4Runner (All Engines)
- 1995-2004 Toyota Tacoma (All Engines)
Ring and Pinion Break-In Procedure:
New 3rd members require a break-in period to prevent damage from overheating. Any overloading or over-heating during this period can cause the gear oil to break down resulting in ring and pinion failure.
- After installation, drive lightly for 20-30 minutes and then allow the differential to cool for at least two hours
- Avoid heavy throttle use during the first 500 miles
- Do not tow a trailer during the first 500 miles
- Change oil after 500 miles to remove any particles suspended in the oil
This may seem unnecessary but it is very easy to damage the differential by loading it before the gear set is completely run in. New ring and pinion gears create excess heat when they are new. This excess heat can damage the heat treatment of the gears.
All products carry our 12 Month Limited Warranty. All warranties are limited to the original purchaser and are not transferable to subsequent owners of the product. The warranty period begins on the purchase date. Trail-Gear warrants that it will repair or replace, free of charge, any eligible product which, under normal conditions of use and service, proves to be defective in materials or workmanship. This warranty does not cover any labor costs incurred in diagnosis of defects, removal or reinstallation of a product, nor does it cover any other consequential expenses.
Please read and review our return and warranty requirement document before sending in products.
Trail-Gear Inc. warranty does not cover, and Trail-Gear Inc. shall not be liable for, any undertaking, representation, or agreements made by dealers or other third parties selling Trail-Gear products, except where such agreements are within the provisions of this Warranty.
Specifically excluded from this warranty are failures caused by lack of maintenance, misuse, negligence, modification, abuse, improper application, crash damage, installation or operation, or failures caused by unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts.
Additionally excluded from this warranty are parts which are subject to normal wear and tear, such as bushings, fluids, hoses, gaskets, belts, etc. Products not manufactured by Trail-Gear Inc. are excluded from any warranty and shall be handled with the original manufacturer.
All parts used in a competitive racing environment are excluded from this warranty. If, after inspection, a part returned, under any warranty, is deemed to be ineligible for warranty repair or replacement, the part may be repaired or replaced for a discounted cost. Return shipping charges will apply. Any part for which a warranty replacement is sought must be returned to Trail-Gear Inc. before any replacement items can be shipped. All replacement parts shipped before the suspect part has been received and evaluated by Trail-Gear, MUST BE PAID IN FULL. In such a case, after the suspect part has been received and approved for a warranty replacement, the purchase price for the replacement will be refunded.
- Please contact Trail-Gear Inc. at 559-252-4950 or email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to returning any product under warranty to verify that warranty is still in effect.
- Products must be shipped back to Trail-Gear Inc. at the expense of the customer.
- ATTN: WARRANTY
- 5356 E. Pine Avenue
- Fresno, CA 93727.
Ship all products to:
- Please place a clearly marked copy of the original invoice inside the package.
- Please include a short note stating the problem you are experiencing.
If any of the above mentioned policy is not met, the package will be refused or warranty claim denied. By completing the steps above, this will ensure faster processing of your claim so that Trail-Gear can get your product back to you as quickly as possible. All warranties are generally processed within 2-3 business days of Trail-Gear receiving the parts from you. Additional delays may be incurred if product needs additional testing or repairing.
If you are an international customer, please email the warranty department at email@example.com to receive further instruction. International customers may have the option to field destroy an approved warranty to avoid costly return shipping. In this case, any shipping charges for replacement parts will be at the expense of the customer.