Longfield FJ80 30 Spline Birfield/Axle Super Set, Gun Drilled
Longfield™ FJ80 Gun Drilled 30-Spline Super Set
The Longfield™ FJ80 Gun Drilled 30-Spline Birfields are made out of 100% chromoly and are precision polished to remove any imperfections that may cause stress risers. The internals of the birfield are also made from 4340 chromoly and are dual heat treated for superior strength. The birfield has a M8 grease zerk at the end of the stub shaft and is gun drilled through the center of the birfield to allow for grease to pass through the zerk fitting and into the internals. This will save you precious time by eliminating the need to disassemble your axle just to service your birfields.
The FJ80 Gun Drilled 30-Spline Birfields also have a shallow relief near the splines on the stub shaft known as a Machined Spline Saver. The Machined Spline Saver eliminates stress concentrations caused by grooving from the tool that makes the splines on the stub shaft. The stress concentration from the spline groove is a common failure point on birfield stub shafts. The stub shaft of the Birfield has dual snap ring grooves to accommodate FJ80s with short and long drive flanges.
The axle shafts are also made out of 4340 chromoly steel.
Included in this kit is a set of new FJ80 ABS Tone Rings. This will allow you to install the Longfield™ FJ80 Gun Drilled 30-Spline Super Set on ABS and Non-ABS FJ80 applications. No other kit on the market can compare.
WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Made out of 100% chromoly and are precision polished to remove any imperfections that may cause stress risers
- Birfield housing is made out of forged 4340 chromoly steel
- Birfield stub shaft has dual snap ring grooves to accommodate FJ80s with short and long drive flanges
- Internals of our Longfield™ birfields are made out of 4340 chromoly steel and then dual heat-treated for superior strength
- Machined spline saver to eliminate stress concentrations from the spline groove
- Gun drilled to create grease passage through the birfield
- M8 grease zerk at the end of stub shaft for easy greasing of the birfield
- Includes FJ80 ABS Tone Ring
- Includes extended drive flange dust caps
- The axle shafts are also made out of 4340 chromoly steel
- 1990-1997 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80**
- 1995-1997 Lexus LX 450
** 1990-1993 models with short drive flanges will need to obtain the taller drive flanges (Toyota P/N 43421-60040) to be able to reuse the OEM grease caps.
This product carries our Lifetime Warranty. Our Lifetime Warranty covers manufacturing defects and breakage during normal use, for as long as you own the vehicle. All warranties are limited to the original purchaser and are not transferable to subsequent owners of the product.
The warranty period commences on the purchase date of the product. Trail-Gear warrants that it will repair or replace, free of charge, any eligible product which, under normal conditions of use and service, suffers breakage or proves to be defective in materials or workmanship. This warranty does not cover any labor costs incurred in diagnosis of defects, removal or reinstallation of a product, nor does it cover any other consequential expenses.
Trail-Gear Inc. warranty does not cover, and Trail-Gear Inc. shall not be liable for, any undertaking, representation, or agreements made by dealers or other third parties selling Trail-Gear products, except where such agreements are within the provisions of this Warranty.
Additionally excluded from this warranty are parts which are subject to normal wear and tear, such as bushings, fluids, hoses, gaskets, belts, etc. Products not manufactured by Trail-Gear Inc. are excluded from any warranty and shall be handled with the original manufacturer.
Return shipping charges will apply. Any part for which a warranty replacement is sought must be returned to Trail-Gear Inc. before any replacement items can be shipped. All replacement parts shipped before the suspect part has been received and evaluated by Trail-Gear, MUST BE PAID IN FULL. In such a case, after the suspect part has been received and approved for a warranty replacement, the purchase price for the replacement will be refunded.
To begin your warranty claim:
- Please contact Trail-Gear Inc. prior to returning any product under warranty to verify that warranty is still in effect. Please call 559-252-4950 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you have verified the product is still under warranty, the product must be shipped back to Trail-Gear Inc. at the expense of the customer. Ship all products ATTN: WARRANTY to 5356 E. Pine Avenue, Fresno, Ca 93727.
- Please place a copy of the original invoice clearly marked on the outside of the package.
- Please include a short note stating the problem you are experiencing.
- If any of the above mention policies is not met, the package will be refused or warranty claim denied.
By completing the steps above, this will ensure faster processing of your claim so that Trail-Gear can get your product back to you as quickly as possible. All warranties are generally processed within 2-3 business days of Trail-Gear receiving the parts from you. Additional delays may be incurred if product needs additional testing or repairing.
If you are an international customer, please email the warranty department at email@example.com to receive further instruction. International customers may have the option to field destroy an approved warranty to avoid costly return shipping. In this case, any shipping charges for replacement parts will be at the expense of the customer.