Assembled 29-Spline Super Finish 3rd Members For Toyota 8" Axles
Assembled 29-Spline Super Finish 3rd Members For Toyota 8" Axles
Made from tool-grade 8620 steel and heat-treated for maximum strength and wear resistance, these fully built 29-Spline Super Finish™ 3rd members include all new parts and are ready to drop into your axle. These third members feature top-quality Super Finish™ 29-Spline ring & pinion gears, and your choice of lockers. The ring and pinion gears are treated with the REM® Isotropic Super Finishing (ISF®) process, which removes the microscopic peaks in the material and creates a surface on the ring and pinion gears with a roughness of less than 10 µin Ra! This means that there is less friction between the gears, reducing wear by 95% and allowing the gears and bearings to run cooler and last longer. The gear teeth are cut using Gleason CNC hobbing machines and cutters. V6 units feature larger OEM style V6 gear sets with a longer pinion gear. Each unit is set up with solid pinion spacers for long gear life. A Trail-Safe 29-spline pinion seal is provided at no extra charge. High-pinion sets also include a high-pinion oil slinger. Quadruple-drilled flange covers will fit most Pickup/4Runner/Tacoma driveshaft patterns (see specifications). A dust shield is pre-installed onto the flange. There is no break-in period required. This product is for Toyota 8" solid axles only and will not fit 7.5" IFS front axles.
NOTE: Will not fit 7.5" IFS front axles
|NOTE: The 4-cylinder & V6 differentials are meant to be run in the stock position (low pinion). Using these differentials in the high pinion position (“flipping”) will cause the pinion bearings to rapidly fail due to oil starvation and void the warranty.|
WARNING - Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Fully built Super Finish™ 3rd members using all new parts – no used housings or internal components
- Made from tool-grade 8620 steel and heat-treated for maximum strength and wear resistance
- 29-Spline pinion spline is 7% larger in diameter than the 27-spline for increased strength
- Available in 4.88 & 5.29 ratios for 4-cyl, V6, & high pinion applications
- Requires Ring & Pinion Setup kit to complete the installation into your existing differential housing
- Gear teeth are cut using Gleason CNC hobbing machines and cutters.
- No break-in period
- Less friction
- Reduced wear allowing bearings and gears to last longer
- Treated with REM® Isotropic Super Finishing (ISF®) process
- The REM® Isotropic Super Finishing (ISF ®) process removes the microscopic peaks in the material and creates a surface on the ring and pinion gears with a roughness of less than 10 µin Ra! This means that there is less friction between the gears, reducing wear by 95% and allowing the gears and bearings to run cooler and last longer
- Non-directional surface that increases lubricant retention on the gear surface, reducing lubrication requirements
- Flange is Quadruple drilled with the most popular Pickup/4Runner & Tacoma Patterns:
- 66mm x 66mm x 11mm (Tacoma)
- 60mm x 60mm x 10mm (Pickup/4Runner and TG Heavy Duty Driveline)
- 60mm x 68.3mm x 10mm
- 61.5mm x 70mm x 10mm
- Dust shield pre-installed onto flange
- High-pinion sets also include a high-pinion oil slinger
- Includes Trail-Safe Pinon seal & nut
- For Toyota 8" solid axles only. Will not fit 7.5" IFS front axles.
Note: Will not fit 7.5" IFS front axles.
1979 Toyota Pickup
1980 Toyota Pickup
1981 Toyota Pickup
1982 Toyota Pickup
1983 Toyota Pickup
1984 Toyota Pickup
1985 Toyota Pickup
|TOYOTA PICKUP - Rear Axle Only
1986 Toyota Pickup (rear axle only)
1987 Toyota Pickup (rear axle only)
1988 Toyota Pickup (rear axle only)
1989 Toyota Pickup (rear axle only)
1990 Toyota Pickup (rear axle only)
1991 Toyota Pickup (rear axle only)
1992 Toyota Pickup (rear axle only)
1993 Toyota Pickup (rear axle only)
1994 Toyota Pickup (rear axle only)
1995 Toyota Pickup (rear axle only)
1984 Toyota 4Runner
1985 Toyota 4Runner
|TOYOTA 4RUNNER - Rear Axle Only
1986 Toyota 4Runner (rear axle only)
1987 Toyota 4Runner (rear axle only)
1988 Toyota 4Runner (rear axle only)
1989 Toyota 4Runner (rear axle only)
1990 Toyota 4Runner (rear axle only)
1991 Toyota 4Runner (rear axle only)
1992 Toyota 4Runner (rear axle only)
1993 Toyota 4Runner (rear axle only)
1994 Toyota 4Runner (rear axle only)
1995 Toyota 4Runner (rear axle only)
If you have any questions on the use or installation of this product please contact our customer support at (559)-549-6737.
All products carry our 12 Month Limited Warranty. All warranties are limited to the original purchaser and are not transferable to subsequent owners of the product. The warranty period begins on the purchase date. Trail-Gear warrants that it will repair or replace, free of charge, any eligible product which, under normal conditions of use and service, proves to be defective in materials or workmanship. This warranty does not cover any labor costs incurred in diagnosis of defects, removal or reinstallation of a product, nor does it cover any other consequential expenses.
Trail-Gear Inc. warranty does not cover, and Trail-Gear Inc. shall not be liable for, any undertaking, representation, or agreements made by dealers or other third parties selling Trail-Gear products, except where such agreements are within the provisions of this Warranty.
Specifically excluded from this warranty are failures caused by lack of maintenance, misuse, negligence, modification, abuse, improper application, crash damage, installation or operation, or failures caused by unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts.
Additionally excluded from this warranty are parts that are subject to normal wear and tear, such as bushings, fluids, hoses, gaskets, belts, etc. Products not manufactured by Trail-Gear Inc. are excluded from any warranty and shall be handled with the original manufacturer.
All parts used in a competitive racing environment are excluded from this warranty. If, after inspection, a part returned, under any warranty, is deemed to be ineligible for warranty repair or replacement, the part may be repaired or replaced for a discounted cost. Return shipping charges will apply. Any part for which a warranty replacement is sought must be returned to Trail-Gear Inc. before any replacement items can be shipped. All replacement parts shipped before the suspect part has been received and evaluated by Trail-Gear, MUST BE PAID IN FULL. In such a case, after the suspect part has been received and approved for a warranty replacement, the purchase price for the replacement will be refunded.
- Please contact Trail-Gear Inc. at 559-252-4950 or email email@example.com prior to returning any product under warranty to verify that warranty is still in effect.
- Products must be shipped back to Trail-Gear Inc. at the expense of the customer. Ship all products to:
- ATTN: WARRANTY
- 5356 E. Pine Avenue
- Fresno, CA 93727.
- Please place a clearly marked copy of the original invoice inside the package.
- Please include a short note stating the problem you are experiencing.
If any of the above mentioned policy is not met, the package will be refused or warranty claim denied. By completing the steps above, this will ensure faster processing of your claim so that Trail-Gear can get your product back to you as quickly as possible. All warranties are generally processed within 2-3 business days of Trail-Gear receiving the parts from you. Additional delays may be incurred if product needs additional testing or repairing.
If you are an international customer, please email the warranty department at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive further instruction. International customers may have the option to field destroy an approved warranty to avoid costly return shipping. In this case, any shipping charges for replacement parts will be at the expense of the customer.