Axle Housing Kit Rear IFS Width
Rock Assault™ Rear Axle Housing - IFS Width
The axle tubes are now made from 5/16" thick, high strength DOM tubing and engage 5/8" farther into the center section. On top of that, there is a 360° gusset welded around the tubes on the inside of the housing to ensure unparalleled strength.
Trail-Gear introduces a new concept to the axle housing design. This exclusive design features axle tubes that have been offset above the housing centerline. The inner axles ride near the bottom of the axle tubes rather than in the center. The results are an increase of 3/8" ground clearance under the axle tubing.
The heavy-duty, press formed, 1/4" plate steel center section shell is specially shaped to ensure a minimum of 3/4" additional clearance under the differential. The differential mounting surface is made from ½” plate steel to ensure studs can not pull out, even under heavy loads. The outer offset flanges are made from 4130 Chromoly to prevent distortion or bending. Housings are precision aligned using start-of-the-art, 3D digital imaging equipment.
The Rock-Assault™ axle housings use stock or aftermarket 1986-1995 Toyota Pickup/4Runner axle shafts. An optional fill / inspection cap can be installed for an additional fee.
Overall housing length is 51 3/8" mounting flange to mounting flange. Empty housing is 54 lbs. Includes drain plug. Spring perches, shock mounts, and vent not included. Differential stud kit and RTV silicone are included and are recommended for use with this axle. Unpainted bare-metal, oiled finish to prevent rusting. We recommend that you degrease the housing inside and out before installation and painting.
The original design concept for this axle was created by Jason (Locktup) Stanley. This rugged, high clearance design proved to be extremely tough and helped Team Trail-Gear win first place in the 2007 W.E.Rock Formula Toy Series. Thanks Jason!
- Rear Axle Housing, IFS width, 140187-1-KIT
- Rear Axle Housing, IFS width, Electric Locker Style, 140210-1-KIT
- Rear Tacoma Axle Housing, 140211-1-KIT
- Rear Tacoma Axle Housing, E-Locker Style, 140212-1-KIT
- All rear Rock Assault Axle Housings utilize an 8-inch differential
- We recommend the addition of our Axle Housing Inspection Hole Kit to allow for easy fluid level and ring gear visibility. The kit is available in a DIY installation version (requiring drilling through the differential housing and welding on a threaded bung), as well as a factory-installed version (just choose "Yes" for the Installed option when ordering the kit with a Rock Assault Axle).
- In order to achieve full ground clearance, you will need to grind the bottom of the differential housing flange flush with the axle housing!
WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- The axle tubes have been offset above the housing centerline, so the inner axles ride near the bottom of the axle tubes rather than in the center
- Increase of 3/8" in ground clearance under the axle tubes
- 5/16” thick, high strength DOM axle tubes that engage 5/8” further into the center section and the 360° gusset welded around the tubes on the inside of the housing
- Heavy-duty, press formed, 1/4" plate steel center section shell is specially shaped to ensure a minimum of 3/4" additional clearance under the differential
- Differential mounting surface is made from 1/2” plate steel
- Overall housing length is 51 3/8" mounting flange to mounting flange
- 1979-1995 Toyota Pickup (All Engines)
- 1985-1995 Toyota 4Runner (All Engines)
- 1995-2004 Toyota Tacoma (All Engines) NON-ABS AXLE SHAFTS ONLY
If you have any questions on the use or installation of this product please contact our customer support at (559)-549-6737
All products carry our 12 Month Limited Warranty. All warranties are limited to the original purchaser and are not transferable to subsequent owners of the product. The warranty period begins on the purchase date. Trail-Gear warrants that it will repair or replace, free of charge, any eligible product which, under normal conditions of use and service, proves to be defective in materials or workmanship. This warranty does not cover any labor costs incurred in diagnosis of defects, removal or reinstallation of a product, nor does it cover any other consequential expenses.
Trail-Gear Inc. warranty does not cover, and Trail-Gear Inc. shall not be liable for, any undertaking, representation, or agreements made by dealers or other third parties selling Trail-Gear products, except where such agreements are within the provisions of this Warranty.
Specifically excluded from this warranty are failures caused by lack of maintenance, misuse, negligence, modification, abuse, improper application, crash damage, installation or operation, or failures caused by unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts.
Additionally excluded from this warranty are parts which are subject to normal wear and tear, such as bushings, fluids, hoses, gaskets, belts, etc. Products not manufactured by Trail-Gear Inc. are excluded from any warranty and shall be handled with the original manufacturer.
All parts used in a competitive racing environment are excluded from this warranty. If, after inspection, a part returned, under any warranty, is deemed to be ineligible for warranty repair or replacement, the part may be repaired or replaced for a discounted cost. Return shipping charges will apply. Any part for which a warranty replacement is sought must be returned to Trail-Gear Inc. before any replacement items can be shipped. All replacement parts shipped before the suspect part has been received and evaluated by Trail-Gear, MUST BE PAID IN FULL. In such a case, after the suspect part has been received and approved for a warranty replacement, the purchase price for the replacement will be refunded.
- Please contact Trail-Gear Inc. at 559-252-4950 or email [email protected] prior to returning any product under warranty to verify that warranty is still in effect.
- Products must be shipped back to Trail-Gear Inc. at the expense of the customer.
- ATTN: WARRANTY
- 5356 E. Pine Avenue
- Fresno, CA 93727.
Ship all products to:
- Please place a clearly marked copy of the original invoice inside the package.
- Please include a short note stating the problem you are experiencing.
If any of the above mentioned policy is not met, the package will be refused or warranty claim denied. By completing the steps above, this will ensure faster processing of your claim so that Trail-Gear can get your product back to you as quickly as possible. All warranties are generally processed within 2-3 business days of Trail-Gear receiving the parts from you. Additional delays may be incurred if product needs additional testing or repairing.
If you are an international customer, please email the warranty department at [email protected] to receive further instruction. International customers may have the option to field destroy an approved warranty to avoid costly return shipping. In this case, any shipping charges for replacement parts will be at the expense of the customer.