Trail-Creeper 29-Spline Ring And Pinion Gears 29-Spline Flange
Trail-Creeper™ 29-Spline Ring & Pinion Gears with 29-Spline Flange Kit
This is the easiest and most affordable way to upgrade your Toyota 8" differential with stronger 29-spline Ring & Pinion gears. Includes your choice of Trail Creeper™ 29-Spline Ring & Pinion gears along with our 29-Spline Quadruple-Drilled Differential Flange with dust shield, 29-spline Trail-Safe™ Pinion Seal, and 29-spline pinion nut. High-pinion sets also include a high-pinion oil slinger.
On Toyota trucks we recommend 4.88's for 33"tires and 5.29 for 35" and larger.
Fits 79-85 4WD Toyota axle 8"ring gear, and most 86-95 rear axles only.
Requires Ring & Pinion Setup kit to complete the installation into your existing differential housing.
RING & PINION BREAK-IN PROCEDURE:
All new 3rd members require a break-in period to prevent damage from overheating. Any overloading or over-heating during this periods can cause the gear oil to break down resulting in ring & pinion failure.
- After installation drive lightly for 20-30 minutes and then allow the diff to cool for at least two hours
- Avoid heavy throttle use during the first 500 miles
- Do not tow a trailer during the first 500 miles
- Change oil after 500 miles to remove any particles suspended in the oil
This may seem unnecessary but it is very easy to damage the differential by loading it before the gear set is completely run in. New ring & pinion gears create excess heat when they are new. This excess heat can damage the heat treatment of the gears.
WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Made from tool-grade 8620 steel and heat-treated for maximum strength and wear resistance
- 29-Spline pinion spline is 7% larger in diameter than the 27-spline for increased strength
- Includes forged chromoly 29-spline Quadruple-drilled flange with dust shield, 29-spline Trail-Safe™ Pinion Seal, and 29-spline pinion nut
Flange is Quadruple drilled with the most popular Pickup/4Runner & Tacoma Patterns:
- 66mm x 66mm x 11mm (Tacoma)
- 60mm x 60mm x 10mm (Pickup/4Runner and TG Heavy Duty Driveline)
- 60mm x 68.3mm x 10mm
- 61.5mm x 70mm x 10mm
- Dust shield pre-installed onto flange
- High-pinion sets also include a high-pinion oil slinger
- Available in 4.88 & 5.29 ratios for 4-cyl, V6, & high pinion applications
- Requires Ring & Pinion Setup kit to complete the installation into your existing differential housing
- For Toyota 8" solid axles only. Will not fit 7.5" IFS front axles
- 1979-1985 Toyota Pickup
- 1986-1995 Toyota Pickup (Rear axle only)
- 1984-1985 Toyota 4Runner
- 1986-1995 Toyota 4Runner (Rear axle only)
Note: Will not fit 7.5" IFS front axles.
All products carry our 12 Month Limited Warranty. All warranties are limited to the original purchaser and are not transferable to subsequent owners of the product. The warranty period begins on the purchase date. Trail-Gear warrants that it will repair or replace, free of charge, any eligible product which, under normal conditions of use and service, proves to be defective in materials or workmanship. This warranty does not cover any labor costs incurred in diagnosis of defects, removal or reinstallation of a product, nor does it cover any other consequential expenses.
Trail-Gear Inc. warranty does not cover, and Trail-Gear Inc. shall not be liable for, any undertaking, representation, or agreements made by dealers or other third parties selling Trail-Gear products, except where such agreements are within the provisions of this Warranty.
Specifically excluded from this warranty are failures caused by lack of maintenance, misuse, negligence, modification, abuse, improper application, crash damage, installation or operation, or failures caused by unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts.
Additionally excluded from this warranty are parts which are subject to normal wear and tear, such as bushings, fluids, hoses, gaskets, belts, etc. Products not manufactured by Trail-Gear Inc. are excluded from any warranty and shall be handled with the original manufacturer.
All parts used in a competitive racing environment are excluded from this warranty. If, after inspection, a part returned, under any warranty, is deemed to be ineligible for warranty repair or replacement, the part may be repaired or replaced for a discounted cost. Return shipping charges will apply. Any part for which a warranty replacement is sought must be returned to Trail-Gear Inc. before any replacement items can be shipped. All replacement parts shipped before the suspect part has been received and evaluated by Trail-Gear, MUST BE PAID IN FULL. In such a case, after the suspect part has been received and approved for a warranty replacement, the purchase price for the replacement will be refunded.
- Please contact Trail-Gear Inc. at 559-252-4950 or email [email protected] prior to returning any product under warranty to verify that warranty is still in effect.
- Products must be shipped back to Trail-Gear Inc. at the expense of the customer.
- ATTN: WARRANTY
- 5356 E. Pine Avenue
- Fresno, CA 93727.
Ship all products to:
- Please place a clearly marked copy of the original invoice inside the package.
- Please include a short note stating the problem you are experiencing.
If any of the above mentioned policy is not met, the package will be refused or warranty claim denied. By completing the steps above, this will ensure faster processing of your claim so that Trail-Gear can get your product back to you as quickly as possible. All warranties are generally processed within 2-3 business days of Trail-Gear receiving the parts from you. Additional delays may be incurred if product needs additional testing or repairing.
If you are an international customer, please email the warranty department at [email protected] to receive further instruction. International customers may have the option to field destroy an approved warranty to avoid costly return shipping. In this case, any shipping charges for replacement parts will be at the expense of the customer.